National Conference- ELTIS on
Cultivating the Reading Skill: A Classroom Challenge
The importance of instilling a need to read
· Silent Reading and Reading Aloud
· Teaching the Reading of Poetry / Prose
· Text Types and Apt and Effective Reading Strategies
· Teaching Reading as a Comprehension Skill
· Testing and Evaluating Reading Skills
· Reading for Pleasure.
The conference will comprise:
· A Symposium
· Plenary Sessions
· Parallel Paper Presentations
v Themes for Workshops
1. Developing Reading Skills in Multicultural / Multilingual Classes.
2. Using Technology: An Effective Aid to Teaching Reading.
3. Using Textual Contexts to Teach Reading.
v Registration fees:
· For domestic participants: Rs.1500/- per participant (up to December 30, 2013). Registration fee after December 30, 2013: Rs.1700/- per participant.
· For Foreign Nationals: US$50/- per participant (upto December 30, 2013) Registration fees after December 30, 2013: US$60/- per participant.
Registration fee covers conference materials, three meals and light refreshments / tea / coffee during breaks between sessions.
Last date of registration: January 15, 2014.
Mode of Payment
v Mode of payment: By Demand Draft or Swift Code, or online.
· DD in favour of ‘ELTIS, Symbiosis’.
· Swift Code details :
Ø Receiving Bank: Axis Bank Ltd.
Ø Bank Swift Code: AXISINBB037
Ø Institute’s Bank A/c No: 315010100023339
· RTGS / NEFT details :
Ø Bank details : as above
Ø IFS Code : UTIB0000315
· For online payment http://eltis-symbiosis.org/online-payment.php
- Decent accommodation is available (optional) at the cost of Rs. 650/- per person per night on twin sharing basis.
- For booking accommodation, please email to email@example.com
· The mode of payment will be the same as above.
· Accommodation will be confirmed only after we receive full payment by DD / swift / online.